Allogeneic Cell Therapies: How Do We Get Off-The-Shelf Therapies Off The Ground?
11:00am Chair Introduction
Jo Brewer, Chief Scientific Officer, AdaptImmune
11:05am Presentation: Off-the-Shelf Allogeneic EBV T Cells: Ushering in the Next Wave of Innovation
- Autologous T-cell therapies have been life-changing for many patients; but virus-specific, allogeneic platforms hold the promise of effective, off-the-shelf treatments manufactured at scale, and rapidly delivered to patients within days
- In this talk, the flexibility and advantages of EBV T cells and how allogeneic treatments may change the treatment paradigm for cancer and autoimmune diseases will be discussed
Pascal Touchon, President and Chief Executive Officer, Atara Biotherapeutics
11:20am Presentation: Critical Considerations Leveraging Successes in Allogeneic HSCT/BMT to Inform Scalable Launches of Emerging Allogeneic Cell Therapies
- Discuss key successes and challenges in the facilitation of the most widely used life saving allogeneic cell therapy, hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT/BMT)
- Buildout of critical, reliable infrastructure for cell harvest and therapy delivery
- Expanding beyond centers of excellence to improve patient access
- Securing a reliable and ongoing source for allogeneic donor cells from a registry of 7M+ volunteer donors
- Building and enforcing standards to ensure equal outcomes
- Building and maintaining IT systems to support growth and expanded use cases
- Outline where key learnings from HSCT/BMT that may be applicable to emerging allogeneic therapies to enhance safety, efficacy, and scalability
Joy Aho, Director of Product Management, Be The Match Biotherapies
11:35am Presentation: ProTcellTM: Allogeneic T-cell Therapy Platform and Thymic Regenerative Properties
A process enabling the ex vivo production of T-cell progenitors has been developed to address prolonged T-cell lymphopenia
Tolerized allogeneic naïve T cells expressing a CAR could be generated from genetically modified T-lymphoid progenitors
Interestingly, T-cell progenitors exhibit thymic regenerative properties which could be beneficial to elderly patients
Olivier Negre, Chief Scientific Officer, Smart-Immune
11:50am Presentation: Wugen’s Experience With Both Allo-NK and Allo-CART Cell Therapy Development
- Engineering the allogeneic potential of NK and CART cells present different challenges
- Targeting heme malignancies vs. solid tumors provide opportunities and potential synergies for allo-products
Dan Kemp, Chief Executive Officer, Wugen
12:05am Presentation: TVGN489: Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte (CTL) Therapy for COVID-19
- CTLs are nature’s primary tool to eradicate viral infection through recognition of small peptide fragments derived from the breakdown of viral proteins.
- TVGN 489 targets come from across the entire COVID-19 genome and have yet to be impacted by COVID-19 variants, from 2020 to the present.
- The findings of the proof-of-concept phase I trial and the application of this approach to other therapeutic targets will be discussed.
Neal Flomenberg, Chief Scientific Officer, Tevogen Bio
12:20pm Speaker Q&A
With all session participants